How To Get Rid Of House Flies
The First step in House fly control is exclusion and sanitation. After these measures, you can use insecticides that come in residual forms, aerosols, fogging materials, and baiting forms. Fly traps have long been a favorite. There are many forms of fly traps, from disposable fly traps to electronic fly light traps with replaceable light bulbs and glue boards.
Sanitation & Fly Control
Sanitation is critical in a good fly management program. The goal in sanitation is to remove or prevent any medium where fly larvae will develop. It's also important to remove things that are attractive to adult flies such as garbage and animal waste. Moisture is a critical factor in any fly breeding material. Good drainage is also important, where possible.
- Keep garbage cans and dumpsters clean. Invade Bio Foam is an all natural product, a probiotic used to spray on left over organic debris in dumpsters. Soldier Fly larvae are commonly found around dumpsters and garbage cans. Keep tight lids on the garbage cans. Flies are attracted to odors. Keep garbage cans as far away from doors as possible to keep them from moving into the structure.
- Repair window screens and doors. Openings to buildings should be tightly screened with mesh screens. Where doors must be kept open for customers, trucks, etc., outfit the doors with air curtains. Air curtains can prevent fly entry if the velocity is 1,600 feet per minute or higher.
- Pick up pet waste in the yard. Flies love to breed and lay eggs on this material because of the moisture content.
- In home kitchens, restaurants and commercial kitchens, drain flies can become a problem. An excellent product to treat home drains and restaurant drains is Invade Bio Treatment Gel. This all natural product is made of microbes that actually eat the left over scum in the drains.
- Dead rodents and birds can increase a fly problem. Remove the carcasses, because flies lay eggs on decomposing rodents and fowl. The eggs become maggots (larvae) and the maggots become adult flies.
General House Fly Control Management
You can use insecticide liquid concentrates, insecticide dusts, pyrethrin aerosols, fly light traps, fogging materials, fly baits, and fly traps for the outside. For more information, House Flies, look at the various options.